Username::         Password::          Remember me
Many issues with newest update
Missionsparta

RE: Many issues with newest update
(04-27-2014, 06:04 AM)IlliniAlumnus Wrote:  I loaded it on to my daughter's Surface tablet and the experience was nearly unusable.

Upon launching, we have it set to go to All Videos as the Default Start Screen and Home Screen View is Media Type. When launched, no videos show up at all. I have to swipe down from the top and choose Home, and it takes a long time for that view to load. Something has happened between the older release and this new one, load times are much worse and sometimes views don't even load at all.

While watching a video, she tapped the power icon on the Surface (this blanks the screen and pauses anything that is currently being played, like a video or a game). When she came back to it a few minutes later, Movie Premier had to re-launch (apparently because of a crash) and she had to re-load the video, then try to find her place in the video. This was something we did regularly in the previous release, never a problem...the app never crashed and the video properly paused in place.

I think some significant testing needs to be done before releasing new builds, and give us the option of not having the app auto-update.

I experienced the issue with Movie Premier not showing any videos after updating, also. All of a sudden about five minutes later, it saw the library. Sounds like there may be a glitch with the initial launch and library scanning directly after the big update that was pushed out earlier this week.
04-27-2014, 06:08 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
IlliniAlumnus

Upon further testing, the app crashes and has to restart any time the screen is blanked. So the app could be sitting there and the screen could blank due to inactivity. Then when I tap the screen, Movie Premier has to re-launch because it has crashed.

This is 100% repeatable on my desktop, my daughter's Surface RT tablet, and my Surface Pro tablet. All machines are fully up-to-date with Windows 8.1 and all updates/patches.
04-27-2014, 06:41 AM
ShuGrDaddy
Administrator

We do not have the forced upgrade capabilities turned on - but if you have windows set to auto upgrade you can turn that off.

What is the size of your daughter's collection?

The ALL setting has always been a "use at your own risk" item given its performance is entirely dependent on collection size.

Thank you
04-27-2014, 07:03 AM
ShuGrDaddy
Administrator

Have you tried turning off the search for new videos on startup option. Most likely what happened is after the USB fix - the next startup tried to reindex your library.

This would explain the delay.

Try turning that option off and restarting.

Thank you
04-27-2014, 07:11 AM
IlliniAlumnus

(04-27-2014, 07:03 AM)ShuGrDaddy Wrote:  We do not have the forced upgrade capabilities turned on - but if you have windows set to auto upgrade you can turn that off.

What is the size of your daughter's collection?

The ALL setting has always been a "use at your own risk" item given its performance is entirely dependent on collection size.

Thank you

Currently it sits at about 180 videos...I'm constantly adding to it as I rip more movies to MP4 files though.

(04-27-2014, 07:11 AM)ShuGrDaddy Wrote:  Have you tried turning off the search for new videos on startup option. Most likely what happened is after the USB fix - the next startup tried to reindex your library.

This would explain the delay.

Try turning that option off and restarting.

Thank you

Yes, I never have the "search for new videos on startup" on. That's always been off and I control it by doing a manual search.
(This post was last modified: 04-27-2014, 07:22 AM by IlliniAlumnus.)
04-27-2014, 07:21 AM
TrippinU

Bomb  RE: Many issues with newest update
I WANT THE OLD VERSION BACK! ALL OF MY VIDEOS ARE GONE!
NEW VIDS WOULDN'T SHOW UP!
UNINSTALLED AND REINSTALLED JUST TO SEE ALL OF MY VIDS GONE!
THEY ARE ON A USB AND I ADDED THEM TO THE LIBRARY WITH NO AVAIL!!!!
I'M A PAYING MEMBER THAT HAD HIS MONEY GOING TO NO MOVIES IN MY LIST AND I HAVEN'T GOTTEN AN EMAIL RESPONSE!!!
04-27-2014, 07:41 AM
ShuGrDaddy
Administrator

The last update fixed the USB issue. Make sure you are on 2.0.0.2

Thank you
04-27-2014, 07:45 AM
TrippinU

I have 2.0.0.2.
I love the app, recommended it to everyone.
Need another solution.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

04-27-2014, 07:52 AM
Missionsparta

(04-27-2014, 07:52 AM)TrippinU Wrote:  I have 2.0.0.2.
I love the app, recommended it to everyone.
Need another solution.

Calm down. 97% of the issues mentioned here have already been addressed/repaired. I'd be shocked if they didn't get to the bottom of this and have a fix.
04-27-2014, 07:56 AM
TrippinU

Tongue  RE: Many issues with newest update
I know, I know.
I'm still dedicated.
Just frustrated.
Thanks for the app that I've been waiting for ever since I had my first digital vid!
Before I reinstalled, I love the updates that were made, Just ready to use them again.
04-27-2014, 08:03 AM