Username::         Password::          Remember me
Many issues with newest update
Missionsparta

RE: Many issues with newest update
If I turn off my wifi after doing the above steps, all the covers and art work appear EXCEPT the TV show DVD covers.
04-25-2014, 02:01 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Missionsparta

Ok, get ready to kill me. Found another glitch. When using the apps video player, if you resize3/snap the app, the video doesn't resize to the new windows. It continues using the same sized video, whether it being over-zoomed or using only a very tiny fraction of the windows.
04-25-2014, 07:33 AM
IlliniAlumnus

The latest version doesn't seem to multi-task as well as the previous one. If I leave it run, then switch over to programs in Desktop mode, when I come back it'll be at the start screen and "re-initialize". Sometimes it'll even just seem to crash and disappear entirely...having to be restarted.
04-25-2014, 09:07 AM
ShuGrDaddy
Administrator

The player has not been built for snapping. Right now it is full screen only.

We can take a look at the resuming to see what is going on.

Thank you
04-25-2014, 09:21 AM
gryphon
Administrator

By all means, keep the feedback coming! Helping us build a better product, haha.
04-25-2014, 09:40 AM
ShuGrDaddy
Administrator

The latest update has gone live in the Windows Store. This will fix the issue with saving a custom view as your startup view and a couple smaller items.

This also has French and Spanish support. We are going to keep rolling out small updates to get the primary languages out. So if anyone has a preference or need - let us know what language you are looking for. Our plan for the next set of languages is German, Chinese, Hindi, and Italian.

Thank you
04-25-2014, 06:10 PM
Missionsparta

I have never seen any app get this many updates this quick. This is awesome.
04-26-2014, 12:32 AM
taknakhan

Experiencing a high number of errors and frustrating situations with the new version. I don't even know where to begin, or if I can even cover all right now by memory, but I'll try to be cohesive:

-Initial loading of the new version disrupted a lot of my current set-up of the version, including but not limited to, changing artwork, connecting media to incorrect database entries (where previously correctly connected), files completely disappearing from the program

I then attempted various fixes, such as rescanning and deleting cache, scanning for new videos, manually adjusting the entries, adjusting folders and removing then re-entering them, enable "My Videos" library, and culminating with a fresh uninstall/reinstall.

Then the problems began to increase substantially:

-Folders would not be added to the program- once you click "add folder" in the manual add screen, it would just not appear in the folder listing (un/reinstall fixed this so far)
-Entire separate, different TV series would be piled under one TV series for some reason (one TV show had approximately 20 different TV shows under its belt)
-Scanning for new files does not find new files (most likely being added to another series without my knowledge RE the error above)
-Selecting any option other than "Local" for poster art returns no art whatsoever for any title
-Occasionally "Get Details" would not work, as in, push the button, return to main screen with nothing happening
-Gigantic load times on application start-up (Checking for updates, movies etc every time)
-If using a default video player to open files, re-opening the minimized Movie Premier program would result in complete re-load with gigantic load time listed above
-Occasional invisible force close of program

I would note that upon extensive (frustrating) wrestling with the program, it would appear that Movie's are not a particular issue. TV series and any kind of related "series" type show (anime etc) are exhibiting the massive issues. Movies seem to be co-operating fairly well. Please note that my files are meticulously named and foldered well, with TV series and anime organized via the popular application TV Rename.

UI issues though:
-Very difficult to locate the original filename for a listing (listed on the 2nd "tab" of a title), frustrating when trying to locate correct details for a database mismatch
-Very haphazard/difficult to organize the view of your collection via different information (Genre, year etc)
-Very haphazard/difficult to move from Movies to TV Shows (or any other Media Type) if Home Screen set to anything other than "Media Type"

I backed Movie Premier financially when I first found it in June last year. I used it quite regularly, and spent much time getting my groups organized to my particular tastes, and enjoyed being able to view detailed information with great artwork and a nice UI. Right now, after two days of much time spent and frustration, I currently have it uninstalled and frankly am afraid to reinstall due to just being further disappointed and frustrated by the awkwardness and general non-functionality that is now present. I probably will though, because I really love using this program. Just not right now. Not at all.
04-26-2014, 12:47 AM
Missionsparta

(04-25-2014, 09:40 AM)gryphon Wrote:  By all means, keep the feedback coming! Helping us build a better product, haha.

Any chance you were able to double check to make sure that the app is actually saving the DVD cover art work for TV shows? Try turning of your internet connection and see if the artwork still shows up when you reboot the app.
04-26-2014, 01:21 AM
taknakhan

I have reinstalled the app after manually removing all artwork and .msc (I believe they were called) files from my TV Show folders, in the hopes that a complete fresh start would help.

Now TV shows completely refuse to be categorized by the program. They are simply bundled into one group called "TV" with no information, and all the episodes listed alphabetically on the third "tab". Even burrowing down to the root folder holding all the files of just one season of one particular show, and absolutely nothing else under Additional Folders, has the same result. The show is called "TV" and the files are purely listed.
04-26-2014, 01:32 AM