Username::         Password::          Remember me
Many issues with newest update
gryphon
Administrator

RE: Many issues with newest update
The other thing you can do is change the number of items that show up on the main screen by going to Settings -> General -> Maximum videos per group. There is an option to add "All". However, depending on the number of movies in your collection, it could affect performance.
04-22-2014, 10:38 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Missionsparta

(04-22-2014, 07:59 AM)gryphon Wrote:  
(04-22-2014, 06:32 AM)Missionsparta Wrote:  
(04-22-2014, 06:19 AM)ShuGrDaddy Wrote:  The convert to Movie or TV Show is on the Home page app bar and the Group detail page (when you click Movie or TV Show or any group header). Are you not seeing the button? It only appears if you have selected a single item or if you have selected multiple items of the same type (ie, all Movies or all TV Shows).

The label has changed in this release - so perhaps you are just missing it like the Delete button.

By default the Folders list will be blank. That only gets populated when you ADD another folder to monitor. We will add back another list box that will show all of the child folders of the currently monitored folders for you to EXCLUDE certain subfolders (similar to the previous release).

We will look at the connectivity issue.

Thank you

I see the group button and the convert button on the home page. My problem is, that there is an option to only show so many TV shows and Movies. If the movie or TV show you want to group or convert does not show on that home page because of this setting, I have to click 'movies' or 'TV shows' and from those next screens (TV show screen or Movies screen) I can't get those options to appear.

I see the delete now. I must be blind because that was as easy to see as it gets Wink.

Thanks.

Hi Missionsparta, Not sure why you're having issues seeing the options. What resolution is your screen? I've attached a screenshot showing the option highlighted in red. In that example, I have my movies in alphabetical order. After the app started, I clicked on the "A" group, and in that page I was easily able to select to convert to a TV show. I did catch an issue where the menu isn't properly updated after you switch, fixing that now. But the option shows up for my install.

What's happening on the Surface 2 is I cant select the movie or tv poster icon, and as a result I cant get the menu you are showing on the bottom. I can only select the movie/tv icons from the start/home screen.
04-22-2014, 10:44 AM
gryphon
Administrator

Ok I think I just figured out the issue you were running into. Seems to apparently be a bug in the way select works on the group page. It's not being picked up like it does on the main page. We should have a fix out shortly for this.
04-22-2014, 10:47 AM
Missionsparta

(04-22-2014, 10:47 AM)gryphon Wrote:  Ok I think I just figured out the issue you were running into. Seems to apparently be a bug in the way select works on the group page. It's not being picked up like it does on the main page. We should have a fix out shortly for this.

Cool. Sorry I don't think I was explaining myself to well. Were you able to duplicate the app not running if you disable WiFi first?

Oppps... I'm back with more. Hahaha. I am going to drive you nuts. The app is not showing any movies or TV shows in library that are a .mkv file.
(This post was last modified: 04-22-2014, 11:22 AM by Missionsparta.)
04-22-2014, 11:03 AM
IlliniAlumnus

I concur that the Adding Folders functionality is broken.

I have an external USB drive that has many of my videos on it and I had that configured as an additional location in the previous release. That worked fine. Although the update kept that setting, it wasn't showing any videos from that directory and removed everything from my collection.

So I removed the folder and tried to re-add it, thinking that'd "kick" Movie Premier into re-scanning the folder. That didn't work because it won't even add the folder back. Does the new version not allow adding folders from external USB devices? Because that's really bad if it does.

This is a crucial feature for me as I use Movie Premier on my daughter's Surface RT device, connected to an external USB drive with all movies on it. If it can't scan and see movie files on an external USB drive, the program is totally broken and useless.
04-22-2014, 11:24 AM
Missionsparta

(04-22-2014, 11:24 AM)IlliniAlumnus Wrote:  I concur that the Adding Folders functionality is broken.

I have an external USB drive that has many of my videos on it and I had that configured as an additional location in the previous release. That worked fine. Although the update kept that setting, it wasn't showing any videos from that directory and removed everything from my collection.

So I removed the folder and tried to re-add it, thinking that'd "kick" Movie Premier into re-scanning the folder. That didn't work because it won't even add the folder back. Does the new version not allow adding folders from external USB devices? Because that's really bad if it does.

This is a crucial feature for me as I use Movie Premier on my daughter's Surface RT device, connected to an external USB drive with all movies on it. If it can't scan and see movie files on an external USB drive, the program is totally broken and useless.

It sounds like there is a bug on the adding and removing files. I believe they said a fix is coming, at which point id be shocked if can't use USB storage.
04-22-2014, 11:36 AM
IlliniAlumnus

(04-22-2014, 11:36 AM)Missionsparta Wrote:  It sounds like there is a bug on the adding and removing files. I believe they said a fix is coming, at which point id be shocked if can't use USB storage.

I hope it comes quickly. When I try to add a folder from a USB drive and then click OK, the folder isn't added to the list. I can add folders from internal hard drives, just not USB drives.

In the meantime, does anyone know if there is a way to keep the app from updating itself? The old version worked just fine.
04-22-2014, 11:40 AM
ShuGrDaddy
Administrator

We have fixed the USB drive issue now as well. We should push an update today with all these items addressed.

Thank you
04-22-2014, 08:19 PM
ShuGrDaddy
Administrator

The latest update just went live in the Windows Store. This has fixes for the USB drive issue, the touch enablement on the screen when you navigate into the group to allow you to edit items, the ability to specify folders that you do NOT want searched, the ability to mark a video as watched, and a number of other small fixes.

We are still working with Microsoft on the language issue. We have added over 35 languages to the release and one of them is causing a bundle deployment error. So rather than trying to debug all 35 languages at once, we are going to push small updates throughout the week with groups of 5 languages being added to narrow down which one is causing the problem.

Keep the feedback coming and we can add fixes into these small releases as well.

Thank you
04-23-2014, 10:14 PM
Missionsparta

(04-23-2014, 10:14 PM)ShuGrDaddy Wrote:  The latest update just went live in the Windows Store. This has fixes for the USB drive issue, the touch enablement on the screen when you navigate into the group to allow you to edit items, the ability to specify folders that you do NOT want searched, the ability to mark a video as watched, and a number of other small fixes.

We are still working with Microsoft on the language issue. We have added over 35 languages to the release and one of them is causing a bundle deployment error. So rather than trying to debug all 35 languages at once, we are going to push small updates throughout the week with groups of 5 languages being added to narrow down which one is causing the problem.

Keep the feedback coming and we can add fixes into these small releases as well.

Thank you

Any chance they were able to fix the app from crashing when trying to play a video, when using a Microsoft Surface. Or the ability to run the app without an internet connection. Thanks. The heads up's and responded help a ton.
04-24-2014, 12:21 AM