Username::         Password::          Remember me
Many issues with newest update
Missionsparta

Many issues with newest update
First and foremost, attempting to play any video in either the in app player or default player, causes the app to crash.

You can only select a video to edit from the home screen. Try to select once inside the movie or TV menu will not allow you to select a video.

I can no longer tell it to remove missing videos. I have to wait the selected amount of attempts for it to be deleted.

Adding folders does nothing. The windows showing you added folders will remain blank. In turn you can't delete folders. Many podcast apps drop their folder in your video library. I'm trying to get Movie Premier to ignore them but cannot.

Many other issues, but I will post them when I have more time.
04-21-2014, 10:51 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ShuGrDaddy
Administrator

RE: Many issues with newest update
Thank you for the feedback - following are some clarifications or requests for more information:

First and foremost, attempting to play any video in either the in app player or default player, causes the app to crash.

Can you send us the Error log from your LocalState folder. If the player failed - there will be an error message present in this log.

You can only select a video to edit from the home screen. Try to select once inside the movie or TV menu will not allow you to select a video.

This was really just a matter of space on the bottom app bar. There are quite a few more actions in the latest release and there was no room to included every action button. The decision was made to only allow the Edit button to appear on the app bar when an individual item is being viewed. We have to account for the lowest possible resolution when designing the screens and on a 1366x768 screen - we have consumed all the available space. We could look at making certain buttons configurable for inclusion on the app bar or not to let users control which items appear on their own screens.

I can no longer tell it to remove missing videos. I have to wait the selected amount of attempts for it to be deleted.

You can also select the items and click the DELETE button from the bottom app bar.

Adding folders does nothing. The windows showing you added folders will remain blank. In turn you can't delete folders. Many podcast apps drop their folder in your video library. I'm trying to get Movie Premier to ignore them but cannot.

Can you clarify what behavior you are seeing here. When you click the Add Folder button and select a folder, it will appear in the list box. That means that folder will always be searched for new content. Are you asking to be able to excluded folders as well (ie, exclude Videos\Podcasts folder)?

Thank you
04-21-2014, 08:14 PM
Missionsparta

(04-21-2014, 08:14 PM)ShuGrDaddy Wrote:  Thank you for the feedback - following are some clarifications or requests for more information:

Can you send us the Error log from your LocalState folder. If the player failed - there will be an error message present in this log.

This was really just a matter of space on the bottom app bar. There are quite a few more actions in the latest release and there was no room to included every action button. The decision was made to only allow the Edit button to appear on the app bar when an individual item is being viewed. We have to account for the lowest possible resolution when designing the screens and on a 1366x768 screen - we have consumed all the available space. We could look at making certain buttons configurable for inclusion on the app bar or not to let users control which items appear on their own screens.

You can also select the items and click the DELETE button from the bottom app bar.

Can you clarify what behavior you are seeing here. When you click the Add Folder button and select a folder, it will appear in the list box. That means that folder will always be searched for new content. Are you asking to be able to excluded folders as well (ie, exclude Videos\Podcasts folder)?

Thank you

Thanks for your response and help. I have sent the log files from the LocalState folder. Hopefully this will help resolve why my app crashes when trying to open a video. This also occurs if I set the app to videos with the default Windows app.

When I referenced not being able to edit an app from within a group, I wasn't to clear. I am able to select a movie/show from the home screen and then the options for that selection show up at the bottom of the screen. Problem is, if I am set to only see 6 or 8 Movies on the home screen, I have to select the movie tab to go in and see ALL my movies. Once I am at that screen I cannot select anything to bring up that same menu. This became and issue when a TV show was incorrectly tagged by the app as a Movie. I wanted to select it, so I could then hit the 'Switch to TV' option. Problem is it wasn't showing as one of the 8 home screen movies. I had to go into the Movie tab, at which point it was no longer selectable.

As far as not being able to delete missing shows, I have no idea how I missed the delete button. Sorry about that. Easy fix.

The problem I am having with the adding and deleting folders, is that the list box comes up completely blank. The app sees what is in my video Library, but the list box is blank. Adding new folders still has the list box showing up blank. As a result there is no way to remove folders since it shows up blank.

The newest issue I am having is that as I stated before, I use this app almost 95% of the time on my Microsoft Surface 2. The native Video app is awful for organizing my video files, and it becomes extremely hard to tell what is what and what I have and haven't watched. While I realize the main purpose of your app is to be used with your networked video library, I know quit a few of us that us it with out a Network and solely for our video library kept internally on our tablets. Your app has made my Movie and TV viewing experience ten times better. I almost gave up on the Surface because of the issue and then I found your app. With that said, most of the time I use my Surface to watch Movies and TV are when I am on the road, and have no access to internet connection. The way the app is now set up, is that it looks for updates each time the app is open. As I mainly don't have a connection when on the road, the app will either just hang on the splash screen or crash. Hopefully this can be resolved.

Thank you a ton for all your guys work and I appreciate the great support.

OK. I have had time to mess with the app on my desktop. The video crashing issue is only with the Surface. But the blank "list screen" for what folders are including is left blank no matter what on my desktop also.

Another small question. I was originally told that the new version would also keep track of which episodes you have and have not watched. I am not seeing any type of icon or indication of watched episodes. I was also told we would be able to select and episode and manually marked them as watched. Was that scratched of coming at a later time?

Thanks.
(This post was last modified: 04-22-2014, 02:32 AM by Missionsparta.)
04-22-2014, 01:58 AM
ShuGrDaddy
Administrator

Can you resend the log files. We did not receive anything.

As for the startup - we do look for updates via the web, but if no connection exists - we continue on. This should not crash anything and is an expected scenario.

Perhaps the log will show more info.

If you go into your collection stats - how many items are in your collection?
Thank you
04-22-2014, 02:34 AM
Missionsparta

(04-22-2014, 02:34 AM)ShuGrDaddy Wrote:  Can you resend the log files. We did not receive anything.

As for the startup - we do look for updates via the web, but if no connection exists - we continue on. This should not crash anything and is an expected scenario.

Perhaps the log will show more info.

If you go into your collection stats - how many items are in your collection?
Thank you

What address should I send the log files to?
04-22-2014, 02:44 AM
Missionsparta

Just did a test. I can definitely run Movie Premier when I have a connection. If I physically turn my WiFi off, it closes after about .5 seconds of the splash screen.
04-22-2014, 05:14 AM
ShuGrDaddy
Administrator

The convert to Movie or TV Show is on the Home page app bar and the Group detail page (when you click Movie or TV Show or any group header). Are you not seeing the button? It only appears if you have selected a single item or if you have selected multiple items of the same type (ie, all Movies or all TV Shows).

The label has changed in this release - so perhaps you are just missing it like the Delete button.

By default the Folders list will be blank. That only gets populated when you ADD another folder to monitor. We will add back another list box that will show all of the child folders of the currently monitored folders for you to EXCLUDE certain subfolders (similar to the previous release).

We will look at the connectivity issue.

Thank you
04-22-2014, 06:19 AM
Missionsparta

(04-22-2014, 06:19 AM)ShuGrDaddy Wrote:  The convert to Movie or TV Show is on the Home page app bar and the Group detail page (when you click Movie or TV Show or any group header). Are you not seeing the button? It only appears if you have selected a single item or if you have selected multiple items of the same type (ie, all Movies or all TV Shows).

The label has changed in this release - so perhaps you are just missing it like the Delete button.

By default the Folders list will be blank. That only gets populated when you ADD another folder to monitor. We will add back another list box that will show all of the child folders of the currently monitored folders for you to EXCLUDE certain subfolders (similar to the previous release).

Thank you

I see the group button and the convert button on the home page. My problem is, that there is an option to only show so many TV shows and Movies. If the movie or TV show you want to group or convert does not show on that home page because of this setting, I have to click 'movies' or 'TV shows' and from those next screens (TV show screen or Movies screen) I can't get those options to appear.

I see the delete now. I must be blind because that was as easy to see as it gets Wink.

Thanks.
(This post was last modified: 04-22-2014, 06:39 AM by Missionsparta.)
04-22-2014, 06:32 AM
ShuGrDaddy
Administrator

Click on the Movie header. That will show all your movies. From in there you can change as many as you want.

Same for tv show.

Thank you
04-22-2014, 06:33 AM
gryphon
Administrator

(04-22-2014, 06:32 AM)Missionsparta Wrote:  
(04-22-2014, 06:19 AM)ShuGrDaddy Wrote:  The convert to Movie or TV Show is on the Home page app bar and the Group detail page (when you click Movie or TV Show or any group header). Are you not seeing the button? It only appears if you have selected a single item or if you have selected multiple items of the same type (ie, all Movies or all TV Shows).

Thank you

I see the group button and the convert button on the home page. My problem is, that there is an option to only show so many TV shows and Movies. If the movie or TV show you want to group or convert does not show on that home page because of this setting, I have to click 'movies' or 'TV shows' and from those next screens (TV show screen or Movies screen) I can't get those options to appear.

I see the delete now. I must be blind because that was as easy to see as it gets Wink.

Thanks.

Hi Missionsparta, Not sure why you're having issues seeing the options. What resolution is your screen? I've attached a screenshot showing the option highlighted in red. In that example, I have my movies in alphabetical order. After the app started, I clicked on the "A" group, and in that page I was easily able to select to convert to a TV show. I did catch an issue where the menu isn't properly updated after you switch, fixing that now. But the option shows up for my install.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

04-22-2014, 07:59 AM