Username::         Password::          Remember me
MKV and ZOOM
HogeyOne

MKV and ZOOM
Hi
New to forums. I was hoping that mkv support will be added soon also the option to zoom so the video fills the full screen (like multimedia 8)
I cant get it to play M4V files I have created either I have bought the pro version.
many thanks
12-30-2013, 12:20 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ShuGrDaddy
Administrator

RE: MKV and ZOOM
We have looked into MKV and since Microsoft does not support it by default in Windows 8 we do not support it. We were hoping for some third party players to provide the support and we could embed those players; however, mkv is going to be hit or miss depending on what other software you have installed on your machines.

As far as zoom goes - that is something we can take a look at incorporating. The new player we have in the upcoming release has a lot more flexibility than the current player.

Thank you
01-03-2014, 04:41 AM
ShuGrDaddy
Administrator

Just an update to this. Windows 10 is slated to have full MKV support. Assuming this happens - we will also have full MKV support on Windows 10.

Thank you
11-16-2014, 09:22 PM
ShuGrDaddy
Administrator

Another update - Microsoft announced they will have full MKV support on Windows 8.1 now as well. This should address any concerns around MKV out there. Let us know if you are using MKV and if you have any issues after the update is made by Microsoft.

Thank you
12-11-2014, 12:06 AM
taylordm

All of my videos were MP4s, but I found that the MP internal player was very choppy/blotchy when playing a movie. I converted all of my MP4s to MKV files to force MP to launch 3rd party app VLC, and the movies all play perfectly.

With that said, If you support MKV files in the future, please allow users a switch to select an external player either for all or selected formats.

Note:
I am running a core i7 with 24GB ram and 4 monitors. With VLC, I can play four movies simultaneously without error, so its not a system performance issue.
02-07-2015, 01:15 AM