Movie Premier for Windows 8 Development Update
Missionsparta

RE: Movie Premier for Windows 8 Development Update
Something tells me we are waiting for the implementation of VLC
02-12-2014, 12:37 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Missionsparta

Could someone give us an update? Would be appreciated.
02-14-2014, 01:54 AM
ShuGrDaddy
Administrator

Yes. Tying up loose ends and performance testing.

Thank you.
02-14-2014, 07:05 AM
Stewie82

That's great news but have we got a timeline on this. Just looking to watching some film with sub-titles.
02-23-2014, 05:46 AM
Missionsparta

Starting to worry. Back in November they were hoping for a holiday release.... we now are in March. Sounds like there may be a problem.
03-12-2014, 08:50 AM
gryphon
Administrator

Hey guys. Trust me, no one is more ready to get this next update out than we are! We had some performance issues we needed to work out, which ate up a good chunk of time. Now it's all squared away and we really are in the final stretch putting the finishing touches on it. We'll keep you guys posted when we're about to launch. Working on this 7 days a week gets to wear down on ya :-)
03-13-2014, 11:37 PM
Missionsparta

(03-13-2014, 11:37 PM)gryphon Wrote:  Hey guys. Trust me, no one is more ready to get this next update out than we are! We had some performance issues we needed to work out, which ate up a good chunk of time. Now it's all squared away and we really are in the final stretch putting the finishing touches on it. We'll keep you guys posted when we're about to launch. Working on this 7 days a week gets to wear down on ya :-)

Sorry. Was just a little worried. With how horrible the Xbox Video app handles your personal library, this is it as far as apps goes. 75% of my Surface 2 use IS this app. Love it to death. Have ben hoping for more features taking it even further. Can't wait.
03-14-2014, 10:44 PM
ShuGrDaddy
Administrator

Here is a quick demo of the next release. There is still some styling to be done - but this should give you an idea of what will be in the next release.

03-15-2014, 04:49 AM
ShuGrDaddy
Administrator

Wow - glad to see everyone is excited about the new release. Let me answer a couple of the most common questions received here - so everyone can see in case they have the same question.

1. What is the release date?
We are working hard to get this out. It should not be much longer - but a firm date is not set yet.

2. Will the new features require Pro or Pro Plus account level?
Many of the new advanced features will require a Pro Plus account. This includes using the filter builder and custom view definitions.

3. Will Parental Controls require a purchased product level?
We believe in the safety and viewing pleasure of the entire family. As such, Parental Controls will be included in the Free version of Movie Premier.

4. Will there be a price increase with the next release?
This is still being looked at, but I would expect with the addition of so many new features, at a minimum, the Pro Plus account price will increase.

5. Can I still submit feature requests for this release?
We are always looking for feedback. The new platform will allow us to more rapidly push features in the future - so please submit your requests. At this point we have locked all the features in the next release but will look to get them included in a subsequent release.

6. Where are the editing features?
The demo did not show the full editing capabilities of the next release. These will be in the release - rest assured.

Please let us know if there are other questions.

Thank you
03-17-2014, 11:38 PM
Missionsparta

(03-17-2014, 11:38 PM)ShuGrDaddy Wrote:  Wow - glad to see everyone is excited about the new release. Let me answer a couple of the most common questions received here - so everyone can see in case they have the same question.

1. What is the release date?
We are working hard to get this out. It should not be much longer - but a firm date is not set yet.

2. Will the new features require Pro or Pro Plus account level?
Many of the new advanced features will require a Pro Plus account. This includes using the filter builder and custom view definitions.

3. Will Parental Controls require a purchased product level?
We believe in the safety and viewing pleasure of the entire family. As such, Parental Controls will be included in the Free version of Movie Premier.

4. Will there be a price increase with the next release?
This is still being looked at, but I would expect with the addition of so many new features, at a minimum, the Pro Plus account price will increase.

5. Can I still submit feature requests for this release?
We are always looking for feedback. The new platform will allow us to more rapidly push features in the future - so please submit your requests. At this point we have locked all the features in the next release but will look to get them included in a subsequent release.

6. Where are the editing features?
The demo did not show the full editing capabilities of the next release. These will be in the release - rest assured.

Please let us know if there are other questions.

Thank you

How will mkv files be handled in this version?
03-20-2014, 11:05 AM