Username::         Password::          Remember me
Home Screen and stuff
bigthumb111

Home Screen and stuff
Hi

i'd like to make some requests please.

the first is regarding the home screen. i have included an image to help explain. i would like it if the home screen had groups on it that contain one larger tile accompanied by 8 smaller tiles around this, though this would be more for aesthetics.

the first group would be "recently watched" the larger tile would have the cover for the MOST recently watched and the rest covers for movies watched chronologically prior to this. then hitting the group title would show all recently watched say limited to the last 30 so you don't have to manually clear the recently watched cache.

the second would be "recently added" the larger tile would have the cover for the MOST recently added and again 8 smaller tiles showing the covers for movies added chronologically prior to this. again hitting the group title would show all recently added again limited to approx the last 30.

the next groups i would like to be user defined. in the picture i have just named it movies but in my case i have 2 folders containing movies one is named movies and the other is named kids moves. each user defined group would contain the movies contained in that folder. this time the tiles could be populated with any 9 randomly chosen covers from movies within that folder and when you hit the group title you see all movies in that folder. as i have said in my case i would create 2 groups one for movie and one for kids movies but they could be anything e.g. TV, movies, youtube videos, home movies or perhaps sci-fi, action etc what ever people want. covers on home movies would have to be thumbnails taken from the video itself. other sorting methods could still be used once your in the all movies in that group view i.e a-z, genre, age cert etc.

i have some more suggestions but i'm out of time will add later

thanks

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

07-24-2013, 04:26 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ShuGrDaddy
Administrator

RE: Home Screen and stuff
Very good suggestions - everything you have noted is already planned for the next release - so you should be pleased.

Please provide the other suggestions you have as well.

Thank you
07-28-2013, 04:47 AM
jjfunaz123

The recently added group is something that is really needed. I am constantly adding new movies to my collection and its currently very hard to find them among all the other movies.
10-29-2013, 04:02 AM
ShuGrDaddy
Administrator

You will be able to sort by date added which will put newer items at the beginning. Creating a recently added group should not be a difficult task either. I will see what we can do about getting this into the next release.

Thank you
10-29-2013, 04:24 PM