Username::         Password::          Remember me
Can't Delete Movies
Missionsparta

Can't Delete Movies
I'm now having an issue where if I remove a movie file from the local storage then I go in the Movie Premier app and delete it from there, it shows right back up on the apps launch, just with all the info and art missing. An suggestions?
06-06-2014, 01:35 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ShuGrDaddy
Administrator

RE: Can't Delete Movies
Removing the file alone should hide the movie and ultimately delete it from your data.

Have you done that?

Thank you
06-06-2014, 01:45 AM
Missionsparta

(06-06-2014, 01:45 AM)ShuGrDaddy Wrote:  Removing the file alone should hide the movie and ultimately delete it from your data.

Have you done that?

Thank you

Yes. But a generic logo icon reappears with the movie title after each app relaunch.

Unfortunately the app becomes buggies and buggies with more use on both my Surface devices, but seems to be solid on my PC. Wish you guys could get a hold of a Surface, because I think it would go along way with helping a lot of us.
(This post was last modified: 06-06-2014, 07:02 AM by Missionsparta.)
06-06-2014, 06:53 AM
ShuGrDaddy
Administrator

Do you have the display missing items setting turned on or off?

Thank you
06-06-2014, 07:30 AM
Missionsparta

(06-06-2014, 07:30 AM)ShuGrDaddy Wrote:  Do you have the display missing items setting turned on or off?

Thank you

"Show Missing Videos" is turned off

I've tried deleting it from the app first, then the actual file. Then tried deleting the file and then from the app. Both ways just bring back the movie premier logo with a header for the name of the movies I try to delete.

[attachment=12]

So I deleted the app and reinstalled. After reinstalling, it shows my all the videos for one launch and then it shows no movies or TV shows on all the launches after that.....

[attachment=13]

Yet when I click "My Collection" it shows it is in fact seeing the movies and shows in my collection. The app seems to have real issues at this point with ARM devices.

Now for no reason, they have all reappeared after about five relaunches, BUT the deleted videos before I reinstalled the app, are still showing up. Also the issue I mentioned above about not seeing videos until I continuously relaunch occurs every time I reinstall the app.

I also have Show Title turned off. But sometimes all my videos show the title, sometimes none, and sometimes a few do while a few don't.
(This post was last modified: 06-06-2014, 10:26 AM by Missionsparta.)
06-06-2014, 09:43 AM
Missionsparta

(06-06-2014, 09:43 AM)Missionsparta Wrote:  
(06-06-2014, 07:30 AM)ShuGrDaddy Wrote:  Do you have the display missing items setting turned on or off?

Thank you

"Show Missing Videos" is turned off

I've tried deleting it from the app first, then the actual file. Then tried deleting the file and then from the app. Both ways just bring back the movie premier logo with a header for the name of the movies I try to delete.

So I deleted the app and reinstalled. After reinstalling, it shows my all the videos for one launch and then it shows no movies or TV shows on all the launches after that.....

Yet when I click "My Collection" it shows it is in fact seeing the movies and shows in my collection. The app seems to have real issues at this point with ARM devices.

Now for no reason, they have all reappeared after about five relaunches, BUT the deleted videos before I reinstalled the app, are still showing up. Also the issue I mentioned above about not seeing videos until I continuously relaunch occurs every time I reinstall the app.

I also have Show Title turned off. But sometimes all my videos show the title, sometimes none, and sometimes a few do while a few don't.

Am I crazy or didn't the app also automatically fetch info after it found a new video? I have it set to automatically look for new videos on each app launch. It does do that, but it places it in the library with no info or artwork; I have to tell it to get info. I could have sworn that when it searched for new videos, it would also automatically fetch info and artwork.

App is really going berserk.
06-07-2014, 05:56 AM